- Our membership is comprised of hard-working volunteers whose love of aviation history, preservation, and the meticulous restoration of the aircraft in their charge, keeps these vintage warbirds flying.
- The Gulf Coast Wing receives no state or federal funds, and depends on public contributions for the maintenance, support, and flying operation expenses of Texas Raiders, an authentically restored B-17G and one of only nine (9) B-17 Flying Fortresses left flying at any given time.
- To acquire, restore and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States and selected aircraft of other nations for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.
- To provide museum buildings for the permanent protection and display of these aircraft as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced and flew them.
- To perpetuate in the memory and in the hearts of all Americans the spirit in which these great planes were flown in the defense of our nation.
- To establish an organization having the dedication, enthusiasm and esprit de corps necessary to operate, maintain and preserve these aircraft as symbols of our American military aviation heritage.
NOTE: The Commemorative Air Force national organization maintains a separate web site. The contents of all CAF associated web sites have the following Copyright attached to them:
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, join the Gulf Coast Wing and join the fun!
All donations, including PX purchases and Living History Flight Experiences, are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.